Loren has focused solely on family law matters since 2008 upon his graduation from Lewis & Clark Law School. He has experience in all areas of family law, including dissolutions, custody and parenting time matters, property division, and spousal and child support cases. Loren practices primarily in Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County, but has tried cases in counties throughout Oregon.
Loren has been with the firm for his entire career, first starting out as an associate in 2008 when the firm was named Bobzien McGuire. He later became a partner in 2013 with the Honorable Patricia McGuire (since appointed to the Multnomah County bench) when the firm became McGuire Thompson. After Judge McGuire joined the bench he became the sole owner of what is now Thompson Law Group, LLC.
Loren lives in Lake Oswego, Oregon with his Wife and young children. Much of his free time involves being a Husband and a Father. The Thompson family particularly enjoys traveling, dining out in Portland’s eateries, and enjoying local sports.
Areas of Practice
- Spousal Support (alimony)
- Child Support
- Legal Custody
- Parenting Time
- LGBGT Rights
- Property Division
- Grandparent Rights
- Oregon, 2008
- Oregon Court of Appeals, 2013
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon, 2008
- J.D. Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA 2002, B.A. English, Minor in History
Honors and Awards
- Scholar List, Lewis and Clark College (Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Spring 2008)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2008 – Present
- Multnomah Bar Association, 2000 – Present
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA), 2008 – Present